I didn't realize that my love wasn't transferable. RPI was my team... how could I possibly root for Cornell? And the Cornell hockey players were more like real people. Icky real people that were nothing like the RPI players I saw skating around the ice. I continued to follow RPI in college and went to as many games as I could when I was home. Of course my obsession lessened as I matured (why are you laughing?), but I still love the game of hockey. Although the players are now about 10 years younger than I am, that doesn't decrease the excitement I feel about tonight. Tonight, the RPI hockey team is coming to me. They're playing BU at 7 pm at Agannis Arena and I will be there. Hopefully Puckman, hasn't renewed the restraining order.
December 11, 2009
Let's Go Red!
I went to Cornell because they had a good hockey team. Sure, it helped that it was a good school and that I could get an Ivy League education at a state school price, but the real reason was the hockey team. At the time I was applying to college, I was obsessed with hockey. Although it may have had a little bit more to do with the hockey players than I care to admit, I really and truly loved the game. But I especially loved RPI hockey. Thanks to my father's season tickets, I had been treated to RPI games for most of my life. But it wasn't until high school that the real obsession began. I loved the fast pace of the game, the hard checking, the pep band playing the fight song, the mascot, Puckman, skating around the ice, and especially getting there in time for the national anthem when the players had to take their helmets off.
I didn't realize that my love wasn't transferable. RPI was my team... how could I possibly root for Cornell? And the Cornell hockey players were more like real people. Icky real people that were nothing like the RPI players I saw skating around the ice. I continued to follow RPI in college and went to as many games as I could when I was home. Of course my obsession lessened as I matured (why are you laughing?), but I still love the game of hockey. Although the players are now about 10 years younger than I am, that doesn't decrease the excitement I feel about tonight. Tonight, the RPI hockey team is coming to me. They're playing BU at 7 pm at Agannis Arena and I will be there. Hopefully Puckman, hasn't renewed the restraining order.
I didn't realize that my love wasn't transferable. RPI was my team... how could I possibly root for Cornell? And the Cornell hockey players were more like real people. Icky real people that were nothing like the RPI players I saw skating around the ice. I continued to follow RPI in college and went to as many games as I could when I was home. Of course my obsession lessened as I matured (why are you laughing?), but I still love the game of hockey. Although the players are now about 10 years younger than I am, that doesn't decrease the excitement I feel about tonight. Tonight, the RPI hockey team is coming to me. They're playing BU at 7 pm at Agannis Arena and I will be there. Hopefully Puckman, hasn't renewed the restraining order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment