and I didn't even fall down! It had been a long time since I had strapped on the old skates, but it wasn't long before I was transported back to the ice in homeland, gliding around the pond. Our work had a "skating party," which was kind of random but still fun.It was at the Johnson Ice Rink, which is next to the athletic center which houses the gym I just joined. I've been going every morning with Spike and although he makes it fun, I feel like I've been spending entirely too much time in that building. Everywhere you look, there are signs with the MIT sports logo... we are both the Engineers and the Beavers. How do you make a beaver look mean and intimidating? This is how:

Anyway, it's been difficult for me to adjust to exercising in the comfort of my home to running on a treadmill around a ton of other people. I'm super self conscious about what I wear, which is why I was worried yesterday morning, when my shorts felt really static-y. I was concerned for a good reason because after about 10 minutes on the treadmill, I felt something weird on my leg. It almost felt like my shorts were falling down, but I knew that wasn't the case. Well, I reached back and imagine my surprise when I pulled a knee high panty hose out of the bottom of my shorts! It had been falling out for who knows how long and who knows how many people saw it. Oh well... what are you going to do? Static happens.
I feel like I've been talking about beavers a lot lately. I guess that's what happens when the school you work at has such a stupid mascot. I mean look at what greets me every morning in the lobby of our building:
No comments:
Post a Comment