October 2, 2008

Mr. Sun, Mr. Golden Sun

The sun is finally shining! After a week of rain, the beautiful golden rays are once again reaching the Earth. Thank goodness... I was about to lose it. I'm not even sure how many storms we went through, but the one that wrecked my hiking plans was a good one. Lynn drove through the worst torrential downpours on the Pike, but did a wonderful job and delivered me safely to my mom. We went to the Berkshire Mall for shopping and the movies in the afternoon and then early to bed for our big journey west in the morning.

We departed at 6:45 am and drove straight to Oswego... thankfully there wasn't too much rain on the way there, but it was definitely a dreary day. David met us and gave us a fabulous tour of campus, the best of which was the lake. It was so big and beautiful and calm and gorgeous! He also showed us the ice rink, which was also big and gorgeous. We went for brunch in the dining hall and I enjoyed a breakfast pizza, as well as a plate of pickles and lots of Tabasco.

Tabasco is one of my favorite things lately... it adds kick like nothing else. I even carry a little bottle in my purse, which really comes in handy! The best is the green Tabasco. It's so tangy and spicy, I'll even plan a meal around it. Sometimes I'm craving it, so I'll ask myself what I can make for dinner that I can put green Tabasco on. I wonder how it would taste on pasta... I'm sure I could add it to all sorts of things that I haven't even thought of yet. Spike has gotten into the green stuff too. I think we'll have to buy it at least every couple of weeks now. It makes your tongue go numb... I love it!


Then David took us on a tour of Oswego and we found a lighthouse:

and a fort:with a canon:
We then went to the movies at the cutest old movie theater ever and then back to David's dorm to play ping pong and then out to dinner. Mom and I were sad to leave David, but we still had to drive three hours back to the homeland!

Isn't it pretty?

I was glad to see Spike and our new member of the family, Boner. He's really just a glow-in-the-dark skeleton Halloween decoration, but we really feel a connection to him. The week was filled with Dreamweaver training, which was awfully boring. I made it through somehow... Tuesday, Spike and I watched Nim's Island, which was such a cute movie, and Wednesday, Lynn and I enjoyed a fabulous evening out for event planners including dinner at the Hard Rock Cafeand a Duck Tour! The sunset over the Charles was gorgeous! Here's the Pru with some big pink clouds behind it...The best part.... I got to drive the duck! Here's my sticker saying so, even though you can't really read it, you'll have to trust me. Lynn was there too and she'll verify that I drove the duck right under Longfellow Bridge. It was fabulous!!!

1 comment:

Lynnethv said...

Here I am verifying the duck driving...