May 26, 2009

Hey hey May

Some pretty big things have happened since I last blogged. Lynn got married, meaning she has an entirely different name; I wasn't able to finish an ice cream cone, one of the few times that's happened; and my shoulders changed color.

Yes, it's been a busy month and that's no excuse for not posting, but these things happen. I went to New York twice in two weeks, once for Mother's Day and once for Lynn's wedding. Both times were fabulous... Spike and I took my mom out for dinner and to see Star Trek. Lynn was a gorgeous bride and the reception dancing was the best I had ever experienced. Once I got over the fact that I actually had to walk down the aisle with tons of people looking at me, I managed just fine. I also got to go to Wegman's, where I purchased the largest sub known to mankind. I think it weighed at least 20 lbs... and it took me two tries to eat it all!

In order to try and not miss Lynn too much, I've been trying to keep busy at work, especially by meeting people for lunch. David came to visit last week, so I went home and ate with him on Tuesday, I met Rose on Wednesday, and then Rosie and Chris on Friday. We got out early on Friday because of the long weekend, so it wasn't too bad. Saturday, I got my hair cut and explored Jess's new 'hood. The 'Tham is an interesting place and I'm really glad she has a dog to protect her. Sunday, I went hiking!!! Hiking is one of my great loves and not one of Spike's, so I'm really glad I can go with Rose and Aren now that they've moved here. We did a little hike in New Hampshire called Holt Peak and, despite getting rained on, had a great time. The event was capped off with a Blizzard at a roadside ice cream stand. What a way to end a fabulous day.

I love long weekends. Monday was Memorial Day and after I hung out all of our patriotic flags and ribbons, Spike and I decided to take advantage of the great weather and had a picnic at Castle Island. We walked around Fort Independence and tried to guess which airline's planes were landing. Then we decided to go mini-golfing... Spike is quite competitive and I'd like to say I let him win so that I wouldn't upset his entire day, but it just isn't so. The loser was to buy ice cream for the winner and this is when things took a turn for the worse. The aforementioned Blizzard must have been too much for me because I could NOT finish my ice cream cone. This has never happened to me and I'm upset and disappointed that I wasn't able to pull through. I had to throw it out the window and even though I know some skunk or raccoon, or at the very least a huge colony of ants, is very happy, I'm just devastated. Oh. And my shoulders got sunburned.

1 comment:

Melissa Sarno said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Can you move to New York so we can hike together? Thanks.