2010 was quite the year. I started it asleep, after a nice hibachi dinner with Spike, followed by some champagne and game-playing. I had promised to stop swearing, to save money, and to not talk with my mouth full. Those resolutions all lasted about eight hours, until I woke up.
Then came a January where I got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to skate at Fenway.

A February filled with family and fun travels.

A March filled with more family and more fun travels.

An April in which I turned 30 and got the socks knocked off me with a surprise birthday party.

Oh and a fabulous trip to Bermuda with the man I love.

May brought a return to Ithaca to see a friend married.

In June I enjoyed showing my aunt and uncle around Boston.

In July I had more fun with family visitors.

August included a trip to the happiest place on earth and celebrating the 61st birthday of my favorite twins.

In September, my socks were once again knocked off when the best boyfriend in the world became the best fiance in the world.

In October, my mother and I traveled to Brussels and Bruges, Belgium, where we enjoyed waffles, chocolate, and beer.

In November was a great Thanksgiving including fun times with brother-in-laws-to-be.

In December I had the most perfect Christmas... full of family, playing in the snow, and games by the fire.

Anyone who has read my blog in 2010 knows all of these things already. But I like to look back and remind myself of how lucky I am, how thankful I should be. I couldn't ask for a better year. I've been so blessed with my wonderful family, my fabulous fiance, great friends, and lots of wonderful memories. How could 2011 get any better?
2010 ended much the way it started. I was sound asleep by 11 pm, having enjoyed hibachi and getting beaten by Spike at Scene It. My resolutions for 2011 are about the same: no swearing, no talking with my mouth full, you know the drill. I want to be a better person, be less critical, and more optimistic in general. Because looking back at my 2010, what could I possibly have to complain about?
1 comment:
Awww...
But if I could be self-obsessed for a moment, WHEN DID I GET SO SHORT?!?!
Post a Comment