I wake up early every day. Try as I might, I'm never able to sleep in on weekends... I wake up at my normal time of 5:30 am and then toss and turn till I finally get out of bed around 7 am. But on Saturday I didn't mind not being able to go back to sleep. Saturday felt like Christmas morning. Saturday was the day I was going to see the Stanley Cup!
Spike and I got up, made a few cocktails, and then met up with Lynchie at 9 am to head into Boston.

We met Vinny and Daniela near the Arlington T Stop, where they had saved wonderful, shaded spots along the parade route.

We waited for two long hours before we started to see the duck boats, the first of which held Tim Thomas.

Timmy was followed by Rene Rancourt, who was fist pumping all over the place.

Then came Horton, who blew me a kiss (Spike assured me he wasn't mad).

Then, there was the cup.

Isn't it beautiful?
It was a long, fun day but I'm not sure seeing the cup was the highlight. One of our friends needed to cool off after such an exciting morning and decided to jump into Boston Harbor.

No matter the highlight, it was a great day to be in Boston! And I know it was fun because I slept till 9 am the next morning.
1 comment:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
(Who jumped in the harbor? How much ahem incentive was needed?)
Post a Comment