1. Are the downhill skiers insane? As much as I love watching their events, it freaks me out that they're going so fast! It's like they're borderline out of control and one caught edge or one wrong weight shift sends them crashing, head over heels, down the mountain. How do they get brave enough to go that fast? And more importantly how do they do it once they suffered one of those terrifying wrecks?
2. Curling is awesome. I want to try it, but I know that I'd fall on my butt. Repeatedly. I love that curling is on when no other sports are being shown. It's like the little sport that could.
3. Could the cross country skiers have any less body fat? They are sprinting for the duration of their races and the speed at which they go up those hills makes me nauseous. They are so fit and conditioned it's ridiculous. I realize they are Olympic athletes, but still.... I get so tired just watching them!
4. Ice dancing is lame. After watching the men and pairs figure skaters do all these crazy jumps and other athletic feats, it just seems like the ice dancers should try a little harder. I'm sure their sport involves tons of skill and I could never attempt all of their fancy footwork, but would it kill them to add a few more lifts and throws?
5. The US snowboarders pants are amazing! I keep staring at them trying to figure out if they really are jeans. But Olympic competitors would never really wear jeans... would they? Well, they are snowboarders... rebels, if you will. But, jeans? Really? Thank goodness for this.
6. I want to go to Vancouver. Maybe I can wait till summer, but I want to go badly. It looks so beautiful! The harbor, the mountains, the gorgeousness!
I will continue to be filled with Olympic spirit and watch as much as I can until the games end this weekend. I hope all the Olympians can say the same thing I did after competing in my "Olympics".... if they had fun, then they won! But I'm sure a gold medal would help a bit too.
No comments:
Post a Comment